And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:15 King James Bible

понеделник, 2 януари 2017 г.

Isaiah 65's choosing


12 Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not. 
 13 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:


  This passage from Isaiah does speak of choosing and rejecting, but in no way about FREE choosing or rejecting.The source of their wicked choosing is introduced at the very beginning of the chapter:

2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
The cause of their rejection of God is clear, they have followed their own thoughts/ hearts. And man's thoughts and heart are NEVER aligned with Gods:


Isaiah 55:9
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.



But in the first verse God is talking about another type of people who were walking after their own thoughts, the Gentiles.

1 I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.

The gist of this is that no one by nature OR the law (Romans 2) seeks God, Jews or Gentiles, Romans 3:9,11.


Proverbs 16:1
The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

Proverbs 19:3
The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD.

Proverbs 20:9
Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?
Ephesians 4:18
Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Such a man, who will seek the living God cannot be found anywhere on the globe, but God draws and changes the hearts of the Gentiles and Jews and they become "seekers". This is achieved by another kind of calling, the effectual calling, not the calling of Matthew 22:14 and Isaiah 65:12, where many are called, but few chosen, which is the AUDIBLE voice of the Gospel, to which all men are impervious, but an opening of the heart Acts 16, the exchange of the heart, through which God is able to turn a man unto himself with the power of the convicting Holy Ghost. Now this is prepared to occur beforehand, Acts 13:48, the to-be children of God were scattered before the gospel even reached them John 11:52

Romans 9
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?                                                                  

1 Corinthians
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; John 10:16


Ephesians 4

19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:


Again, these are the elect, the called, the ones who seek God by faith, Jews and Gentiles. Only those receive the promises:

Isaiah 65

9 And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there. 

10 And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for the herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me.
                                                                                        

Acts 2:39
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Evidently from verses 1,2 we know that these are not the wicked reprobate jews, who sought righteousness through the law, their own righteousness Romans 10:1-3 , but the outwardly more sinful Gentiles and jewish publicans and sinners, who don't care for any righteousness, but are nevertheless unaware of the true God and not seeking him at all. The sinful jews and gentiles were not saved , because they had a more pure nature or will than the hypocrites, to the contrary, Romans 1 and Ephesians 4 state that they are even ignorant of the most obvious fact - that there is an invisible God and they consciously reject it.

30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.     
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 



No predestinarian denies there is a will. But human will, since the Fall (when a host of curses befell our first parents), when Satan deceived Adam and Eve that its better to be "free" from the will of God, has only been inclined to evil. It can do no other, even if the faculty of reason isn't damaged as much as the will. The carnal mind in total can do nothing else, but rebel against God. One of the biggest curses is to be left to your own heart and will.


Psalms 81:12
So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар